Pages

Thursday 21 April 2016

Book Day with Aurasma

My mom made me a reader :)


After completing some group challenges, we came back to work individually. The new challenge our teacher had prepared for us was related to the Book Day, which is the 23th of April. Because of this event, we were requested to created an aura.

First, I will explain what Aurasma is. Aurasma is a HP Autonomy's augmented reality platform that can deliver any content (videos, audio, pictures, animations...) in real time. The final artifact is called ''aura''. If you want to learn how to use Aurasma step by step, you can read this interesting and detailed post of one of my classmates with an explanatory slideshow: 
http://learnwithclil.blogspot.com.es/2016/04/supporting-learners-to-use-aurasma.html

So, first I had to decided what kind of content I wantes to upload: a videoclip or an audio track. I chose the videoclip beacuse I wanted to show viewers the books I liked the most. I recorded the video with my iPad and edited it with Movie Maker to make it less heavy.

Then, I had to choose an image for my aura. At the begining it was ging to be the cover of my favorite book. However, after giving it a thought, I chose to create a collage with pictures of the books I have in my room. This way, viewers could know more about me and the genres I like. I created the collage using the free tool PhotoScape, which is a efficient and easy tool I have been using for years. Once I had everything prepared I entered in Aurasma Studio to create my aura. It is increadibly easy to use since all the steps are clearly explained in the website and it is very intuitive. However, if you have any problem, you can see the steps in the blog's link I put above or watch this tutorial (also created by my peers):




If you feel curious about my reading experience, you can follow me on Aurasma app: celiagon92 and then scan this image to find what is behind:


I also pin my aura on the Pinterest board A Wall of Books. There you will find also more auras created by my genius peers. 
                                      Sigue el tablero A Wall of Books de Mª Jesús en Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment